Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Preparing for a home birth

My first birth with my son was a typical, medicated hospital birth, complete with pitocin and epidural. It wasn't terrible, but I felt so out of control and it was not what I had wanted at all. I knew there was a better way to birth, that our bodies are made to deliver babies without drugs or medical intervention.

I started researching options for natural childbirth long before my husband and I even decided we were ready for another baby. I knew a home birth was right for me. Being in my own environment, walking, eating, letting things progress at their own pace, using water for relaxation, no purple pushing, delayed cord clamping, immediate skin to skin and breastfeeding with baby - these are all the things I want for me and my baby.

I trust my body and my midwife. I've been eating healthy foods to stay low risk and to help my body prepare for labor. With my estimated due date 2 weeks away, I am ready for my home birth and so excited to meet my baby!

Lots of towels you need for a home birth!

The Birth Tub

The hose

Birth kit

Wee baby clothes!

cloth and disposable diapers

more wee baby clothes!

 
Me - 38 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment